Monday, December 12, 2011

Can I take the GRE after grad school deadline has passed and submit later?

I may apply to grad school for fall 2008. Deadline is Dec. 15. I need to take the GRE but the next date is in February. Can I still apply and take test, submit my results later -- OR is it too late? Do the results have to sent in by the application cut-off date?|||Usually when the deadline is that early then you are trying to get in with their Early Admission group. Make sure that the school doesn't have a later deadline. However, I suggest you submit your application and on the application it will ask for your expected GRE date if you haven't already taken it. Put it down. The school will wait on the results. Make sure you call the graduate admissions office and verbally tell them what the situation is. You'll be fine. The exact thing happened to me when i applied for grad school. The deadline was January 2 or something but I wasn't scheduled to take the GRE until February. You'll be okay. Good luck on the exam...it's a beast. lol|||how long does it usually take for the schools to get the results after you take the test? My deadline is on dec 15 and I am planning to take it by early mid november , would they arrive on time?

Report Abuse


|||Are you taking the paper based test? The computer based GRE is rolling - meaning it is given most dates to a limited number of takers. When you take it on the cpu, you get unofficial results upon finishing. It then takes around 10 days to get official results including the writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment