Monday, December 12, 2011

I am out of state and can not make my court date for a required paternity test, how would I submit one?

3 years later I am being required to go to a court date for a paternity test. I however now live 2,000 miles away and was wondering how I would go about getting my paternity test done here. I have tried contacting the attorney and courts but they tell me to submit a written letter. I am doing this of course but I am wondering exactly how this process goes. I want this to be done as fast as possible so that I can once and for all clear up this whole mess. I do not believe I am the father but I was told if I don't make a court date I can be the "father by default" and would legally be required to care for this kid even if proven other wise.





Does anyone have any or all information on this. Thank you.|||If you do not appear in some way, shape, or form for that court hearing you will be found to be the father as part of a default judgment entered against you.





A letter or a notice of appearance mailed to the court will be enough to prevent a default judgment from being entered against you.





In your letter, I would provide the names and addresses of laboratories in your city that perform paternity tests. This will allow them to designate a lab to take your sample. You will probably be required to pay for this test. Keep the appointment, provide the sample and wait for the results. If you are ruled out as the father, you are in the clear.|||Get an attorney. Take the test at a local lab. If the child is not yours, you are off the hook.|||It can be done through a certified DNA clinic in your area which sample you and submit it to the lab that is doing the test.


Http://Single_Fathers_N_Paternity.Dads-H鈥?/a>





Take this Quiz on Child Support:


http://CHILD_SUPPORT_QUIZ.dads-house.org





To learn a father's rights, join Dads House in Yahoo Groups. It's free to join, access all materials, and you associate with other fathers going through, and have already gone through, the same issues. We have an Educational Manual that teaches everything that needs to be known in addressing your legal issues. Mention your question here when asked why you want to join, as well as your state?


http://Dads-House.org \\\\\\\\

No comments:

Post a Comment