Monday, December 12, 2011

When should I submit a lease termination letter?

I was told by my previous landlord that I need to send a lease termination email to him; however, I have not yet given back my keys, garage clicker, and have not received my deposit back yet. I don't want to somehow get cheated and don't know much about terminating leases and getting deposit back. Should I submit the lease termination letter now for this date, or specify that the lease will not be terminated until I get my deposit back, or hold off on the letter until I get my deposit back, or something else?|||You have to go by the terms of your lease agreement. Usually, you have to notify the landlord 90 days prior to your lease term end.


However, if you both agree, those dates can be waived, just put it in writing. Put EVERYTHING in writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment